Skip to main content

Improve your mobile photography with VSCO Cam.


No doubt, the camera on your phone these days can get amazing Picture Quality. I was shocked myself to see some phone camera perform way better then a Point and Shoot camera , In terms of Picture Quality, Camera Settings and Different Shooting Modes, putting them to shame.

Phone manufactures such as Apple, Samsung, Vivo, Motorola etc, are coming up with a lots of added and advanced features to their mobile phone these days. From the awesome Portrait mode to the Moon Light Feature, Dramatic HDR to a Wide Panorama, they are just amazing and very easy to use.

The in build camera app is always best when it comes to clicking a picture. its quick, simple, and alot easy to use as compared to other heavy and confusing apps.

How do I take my Photography one step ahead? How can I get a shot that stands out from others? If you have such question on your mind, you would be spending hours looking and trying out different apps in the App / Play Store.

There are tons and tons of apps out there which are good, but to make your life simpler, VSCO app is the best choice I would recommend you guys to get your hands on. Not only is the app FREE* but is wont annoy your with those mind cracking ads in between.

VSCO Image and Logo

(VSCO app is available for both iOS and Android devices)

Its Absolutely Free, Light weight as compared to other apps, It Offers In App purchases. and Good, Decent and easy to use Camera with plenty of Functions, Shooting modes, Editing tools, Presets and sharing Options too.

So lets started with it.

First things first, head to your app store and download the app right now.
Android users can download the app here. if you own a iOS device click here.

VSCO cam app in Google Play Store

Google Nexus 6 Displaying the VSCO app on the Home Screen

Once you have the app Installed, launch it and it will ask you to Log In. Its simple to create a new account if you don't have one, it hardly takes a minute or two, You can skip the step, but I would recommend sign up for one, Its free and offers a lot more then your think.

Sign In / Up Screen

That's how my profile looks like, You can Search and Follow Me with the user name of "charlesjoseph".
 Personal Account Page

Once you are done with signing up and Logging into your account, you will see the main page of the app. Here you can Discover and  Connect with other people and friends all around the world and get to see some amazing images that they capture. This will help you learn a lot more and also keep you inspired to shoot in the coming time ahead.
Main Screen Displaying the Discover, Camera, and Profile Icons 

Search for your friend on VSCO 


Displaying Other People's work on VSCO

Displaying Other People's work on VSCO

Now comes the Best and Fun Part of the App, The Amazing Camera.
Camera App with different functions
The Camera, it feels very basic and is clean,neat and very easy to use. But don't be fooled with simple looks, it has a lot to offer. Use the Guide lines to frame and compose your shot correctly, you can also use the 1:1 Square shot option if you like it. It offers an option for the flash too ON, OFF, Automatic. Depending on your phone type it offers you the option of Focus and Exposure Lock too. You can touch the Screen to focus on your subject or else you can even turn the entire screen into a capture button, by switching ON the Touch the Screen to capture function that it allows.

You can import your Images saved on your phone and last but not the least It offers you the option to use your Front camera too. (I am very bad at clicking a Selfie, you can mark me down on that).
Front Camera with 1:1 view 
As you can see, I am using the 1:1 square frame for this shot as it allows me to see in real time, how the final image would like. I can then use this Image as my Display Picture after some neat and simple work of editing on it.

Choosing the Presets (Editing)
As I mentioned earlier, VSCO offer your with plenty of Professions looking Presets, which you can use for your images. Not only will it give you a Professional looking feel, it will unlock plenty of Possibilities for you to work on your Images. By default, a few presets comes pre loaded . rest you can download from the apps Preset Store. VSCO releases FREE presets from time to time.
Preset Market displaying FREE preset for Download

Preset Marker displaying Paid Presets on Discount 

Preset market displaying Presets ready to restore

Remember, You created a NEW Account on VSCO, Yes that same account will help you buy Presets if you like them. Don't worry if you Loose, Format or Change your Phone, You just need to log in with the same ID and you can restore and back up all your presets and Images that you have stored on VSCO.

Manual Editing Tools
Along with the Presets, VSCO also allows you with manual editing tools, which you can use to edit the applied preset or if you wish to work from the start on the image you just shot or have imported from your phone which you shot before. I personally like the editing tools alot because it allows me more control and it has a lot to offer as compared to other apps available in the market.

My Shared Image on VSCO Community 

Once you have the applied the presets, worked on the edits and are happy with the final shot, you can save it on your phone and / or you can upload it to your VSCO account.

My Shared Image on VSCO Community 

You can also share the image to Facebook, Twitter , WhatsApp or even E-mail it, from the app itself. Just tap on the 3 dots in the Right Upper side and it will give you the sharing option.

So now that you got to know so much about the app, grab your phone, launch the app and start shooting and sharing your amazing and creative shots with your friend and people around the world.

If this Post helped you out, Please do share the post with your friend and help them too.

Stay connected with me for more such Tips and How-To's on Photography. I will be coming up with How to shoot using natural light Indoors in my future post.


4 Pin to 2 x 4 Pin Computer Case Fan Y-Splitter Power Connector Adapter Cable PWM splitter cable (5.2 inch)


Until then, Take Care and Keep Shooting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Window Light for Portraits.

As you saw in my previous post, I shared some tips on how you can shoot outdoors using natural light, If you haven't yet, you can view the post here . As you know it gets hard these days to step out in the rain and try to shoot, not only will you risk your camera getting wet in the rain, chances are you wont be able to get the desired shot you are looking for. So today I will share a few tips on how you can use the Natural light coming through your window to its full advantage to make some beautiful and creative portraits using Window Light. Using Window Light for Portraits.  The below mentioned tips aren't just limited to shooting portraits, you can use these tips for shooting Food, Products and use it with your own creative ideas to get some out of the box shots. So let get started with it. 1. Timing Timing is the key to shoot using Window light. as you all know, natural light coming through the window wont be there through out the day. It will, but the in

Lets Start Shooting.

I Love your images I Love the way you frame your shot, I Love the feel to your images and so on. These are the Complements I get from my clients and other people for my work.  Yes, it does feel good to get praised for your work, but there was a time I had no clue at all on how my final shot would stand out to be like ?    Mirror Image of Me. (Nikon D7000 with a 50mm F/1.8 G lens) I often come across people who are very passionate about photography , some doing it as a hobby and some planning to take their hobby one step ahead to make it their profession. Trust me, its a long long list of question and issues I get to hear from them.  How can I get this kind of shot on this camera, I mean I just have a Entry Level D-SLR?  I can't even think of shooting a Portrait, I don't own a Prime Lens ?  I don't get enough of free time to shoot, hence I don't.  Where can I find a Good background to shoot against with ? As you can see, the list will go on